Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Phil and Marie's Wedding + Sister Leaving for College | #WeeklyWednesday

Ladies and gentlemen, we are BACK IN BUSINESS! WHOOP!
School has started, which means that I'm back on the computer more regularly.

Just a quick update on ME before I go back in time to update you on the latest happenings, I am (this semester):
Taking 4 graduate level classes (pray for me. 3 is typically considered a full load)
1) Learning Models for Instruction
2) Instructional Development Studio A
3) Learning Design & Technology
4) Game Narratives (the extra class. I had wanted to take it as an undergraduate and I missed the window because it is only offered once every two years, so I figured I'd snatch it up now that it's back and has a GRADUATE student option)

I'm officially "retired" from worship team. I'm still helping in "emergency situations" when I'm able, but otherwise, it's a time of rest (so to speak). 

CCF resumes the first weekend of September. We'll see how that goes.

---------------------------------------------

Phil and Marie Coffi's Wedding

African weddings seem to be a thing this summer.
I was asked to decorate for this one too...is this getting to be a thing? lol 
I think I've unofficially made the Top 10 list of people to contact for crafty things at church, though according to Paula (the last bride I decorated a wedding for), I might be the top of the list hahaha XD

Let's get started! :D


I liked this color scheme a lot. It was very cool and refreshingly elegant.
I personally would have opted for the groom's choice of coral/peach instead of mint to create more contrast between the colors, but the mint was nice as well. 


The reception area was in The View Church. 
They had lots of lovely stained glass windows and high ceilings.

Champagne roses and Baby's Breath.


FOOD. My Singaporean stomach was happy. There was SO MUCH MEAT.
Going from the shiny brown item (in a circle) and ending with rice, I had:
Bananas (very reminiscent of goreng pesang from back home, sort of)
Green beans
Pork Chop-ish item
Fried fish
Grilled Chicken
Meat and Veggie Kabob
Steak
Deviled eggs-ish item
Some form of coleslaw (the least favorite thing on my plate)
Seasoned Rice

The concluding "ceremonial" dance. Bridesmaids on the left. 
Coming in on the right are the bride and groom, followed by their relatives.


Congratulations to the newlyweds!!

------------------------------------------

Sister Leaving for College

...do I really need to go into detail?
The sister is leaving and headed off to UIUC to pursue her Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. 
The inevitably empty bed, devoid of plushies and pillows.

My sister's "life" that needs to be loaded into the car.

Sephy cat trying his best to stay out of the way and yet be helpfully adorable.

All loaded up and ready to go.

The sister.

The party of three, all ready to go!
I couldn't go with because I have work :(

Sad face :(

Excuse me while I contemplate what my life will look like without that adorable face being around 24/7 for me to poke. Half of my lifestyle is essentially to make her laugh. Now we're gonna have to settle for embarrassing selfies being sent over iMessage.

------------------------------------------

#FeatureFriday this week will show you all what we did for Comic Con, the Solar Eclipse, and for the Crossroads Arts & Crafts Sale. Dad took WAY better photos of the eclipse because he actually prepared for it with a fancy camera and everything, but mine came from my cellphone. So don't expect TOO much quality wise. lol XD

If you haven't subscribed yet, please do so :)
Click the "SUBSCRIBE" button in the top right corner of your screen, enter your email, and you're done!


See you Friday!~

1 comment: