Friday, September 1, 2017

Cottrell Wedding Decorations | #FeatureFriday

I'm a DIY'er at heart and well-made crafts and beautiful decorations make my emotions flip out and I love them. Lots. This is a thing we all know.

Now that those are out of the way, here are the lovely decorations from my girl Ania's wedding. Look at how GORGEOUS these are!!

So! Small disclaimer, Ania went for vintage+rustic chic with her wedding.
It was held at Starved Rock Lodge. Her colors were purple, white, and browns (I think it's like...twine brown or something).

Flowers and Displays
I love the combinations of wood in the decorations.
I didn't get to take a picture of ALL of the decorations present, but I did what I could to capture the essence of what all was going on that day.

Ania's fake flower bouquet, made by Ania herself.
Loved the full up top and draping leaves+flowers below.
The overall shape and weight of it was great.

How cute is this?! They had a solid, glazed over piece of wood for a guest book.

Ania had white hydrangeas and purple roses as her floral theme.
Aisle decor.

Little lantern item.
Aisle decor.

Handwritten seating chart on cutely hand-numbered cardstock with lacey punchouts.
Clipped onto twine with wooden pegs.

"LOVE" ladder stand with pictures of bride and groom.

Mini candles on wood stands.
There were some of these on tables as well as along where the bridal party was standing.
The candles near my feet (where I stood during the ceremony) were low enough that I was actually worried that my dress would catch on fire. Luckily for me, Hanna (who stood behind me), noticed the situation and kept a watchful eye on my skirt for me lol XD

Tables and Ceilings
I love the draping white fabric used for the tables and ceiling.
It added a softness to everything that just raised it from "classy vacation" feel to "royalty".

They did this thing where they had the wedding in one room, asked the guests to move to the adjourning room for appetizers, and then had them move back in to the first room for the dinner and then back to the second room for dancing/cocktails after dinner.

I haven't seen a transition that smooth in a while and have only heard of something like that being done with my own mother's wedding. Love the idea of that. Definitely doing that for my wedding (in whatever future God has planned for that).

Head table. White cloth for the table. 
Burlap, ribbons, flowers, wood, and candles for decor.

DJ/dance/cocktail/appetizers room.

On the left, "Date Suggestion" jar. 
Ruth 1:16 wooden display in the middle.
"Words of Wisdom" box on the right.

------------------------------------------

That was a refreshingly quick, but necessary post. Did you guys like?
Comment below and let me know what you think of the decor! 

I've done decor for a few weddings now and I'm loving all of the handicrafts everywhere :)
There's definitely something to be said for the ladies who had the foresight to start EARLY.
I'm super TYPE A in that regard (as you all know), so I love it when things are done way ahead of time.

Our next #MusicMonday, I plan to introduce you to another musical couple, "Us the Duo".
Stay tuned by subscribing (click "SUBSCRIBE" in the top right corner of your screen and enter your email)!

Byee!~

No comments:

Post a Comment