Monday, May 8, 2017

Alexander Rybak - Leave Me Alone | #MusicMonday

Alexander Rybak is a Belarusian born, Norwegian singer, composer, violinist, and I think he also plays piano? Hahaha XD This super down to earth guy is essentially European Lindsey Stirling, before Lindsey Stirling started her career. He's adorkable and I love him. XD

Granted, the man's an adult, so there are some "adult" themes in his videos, however, they're all in good taste and quite frankly, there's nothing gross about his vids. It's kind of hilarious because his accent makes it all so "innocent" that sometimes, my dad and I have to do a double take, like, "Wait, did he just say-?"

Answer is always yes. Yes he did. 
Oops ;)

Like backstories? This one is one of the best. Let's write chart-topping songs about our stalkers! Haha XD

Found online, this is the backstory to "Leave Me Alone" by Alexander.

"I needed a new single for Eastern Europe and as I wrote the song, I grew fond of the melody and the story – so I decided to share it with all of you in English. It's a true story of a woman who traveled around the world to babysit by my doorstep, sent me 600 emails, and always seems to find my new (secret!) phone number. I have to give her credit for her hard work in finding me wherever I am. I am a lucky man to even experience this, it's something you normally only see in a movie. I got so inspired, that I had to write a song about it. I wanted the song to be a huge pop-anthem and luckily I got the perfect man for the job; David Eriksen has a heart for pop music and he creates magic in his studio. So – here we are. I hope you like it. I think I wanna dance."

-----------------------------------------

Now, without further ado, here's the video. The video itself has some of that...European MV "weirdness" (don't hate me if you're European, there's just something I can't put my finger on about a lot of European MVs, but I can tell when it's from Europe lol), but the song is so catchy. Not to mention, given his backstory, it's also hilariously funny.

Small note, there's a certain...flavor? that comes with Alexander's music. Listen to enough of his songs and you'll know what I mean. He's trilingual (not easy to do that, btw) and has also performed songs in two other languages. To say he's talented at what he does is an understatement and as for his dedication to his craft... He put his education on halt because he won Eurovision (think American Idol, but Europe), but WENT BACK and properly completed his Bachelor's degree in Violin Performance.



Hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------

Anyone else have a hilarious way that you dealt with a creeper? I've dealt with my fair share and would love to hear about how you guys have handled situations like that.

As always, if you haven't subscribed, it's in the top right. Go there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment