Monday, April 23, 2018

International Sunday Sp2018: 因祂活着 (Because He Lives) + 你是快来君王 (You are the Soon-Coming King) | #MusicMonday2018

I typically don't put Missions / International Sunday posts on MMs, but due to the giant post that is coming on this week's WeeklyWednesday, I figured it would be in everyone's best interest for me to leave this here and keep it separate from my trip to Champaign to see Ash. lol 

Speaking of Ash, this is the first Missions / International Sunday that I've ever done without her. TT-TT I missed my sister so bad. Waaaaaaaaaah~ *sniff* 

Seriously, guys, never take the time with your siblings for granted. There were so many times where I wished she was here...and so many times I knew she would want to be there to experience the music for herself...

*sighs* Such is adult life. And college life. Not necessarily the same thing :P

CCF performed a jazzy cover of 因祂活着 (Because He Lives) + a 2015 worship song from a Chinese church in California called 你是快来君王 (You are the Soon-Coming King). 


Also, I had THREE videos to choose from to put up. Two from cellphones (one from a friend, one from mine that was filmed by a friend) and one from my camera. My good camera. Which was apparently overachieving in the vlogging friendly department because in its ability to refocus on whatever's closest, the hand of someone ELSE who was filming ended up being the focus of 95% of the footage, so there was no way I could use it :(

So here's the best of the three.

-------------------------


Video of the Performance


I HIGHLY recommend listening to this with headphones so that you can fully appreciate Caleb's bass because he and Ethan's drumming MADE this song :)


Quick disclaimer, I would've personally opted to use my Alesis Vortex keytar to play my electric guitar part...the sound I had originally used was so much better, as was the control of the keys themselves, so please forgive me for the few places my fingers slipped or didn't play smoothly as playing it on the keyboard was not nearly as helpful. 

My Alesis Vortex keytar is currently experiencing some weird issue where it'll transpose 1/2 a key up and I have no idea why, and thereby, no way to fix the issue.

I also didn't know that they had turned my mic up that loud...yikes. 😅




People on Stage (starting from left):

American in Aqua: Danae - pianist
American in Multi-color: Olivia - violinist
Me: keyboard (electric guitar sound, which was actually TechBrass lol), melody
American in Purple: Alex - soprano voice + high harmony
Chinese in White: Kim - soloist, soprano/alto voice + alto harmony
American in Patterned Shirt: Ethan - our resident "drummer boy"
Chinese in Blue + Black: Dad - tenor voice + harmony
Chinese in Teal: Mom - melody
American in Red: Joy - melody
Chinese in Pink + Black: ZhouTing - bass voice
American in Salmon: Caleb - bassist (you can't see him super well behind ZhouTing)

As always, if any of you are reading this, thank you so much for all of your hard work! 

I always feel so blessed to get to do this with all of you. Definitely one of my favorite times of the year. :)

-------------------------

Photos


Due to numerous circumstances, all of which resulted in our "group" ending up all over the place after service, there was no group photo :(

So here are random photos instead :P


   
CCF group on stage


photos with friends! starting from top row: Molly, DV, (bottom row) Paula, and Dario!

-------------------------

I do have video of the other groups that performed, but due to various safety reasons and my not knowing the different circumstances surrounding members of the other groups (since I'm the student leader of CCF, I know about our own, so it's fine), I thought it best to avoid putting them here. If you want the videos, please PM me and we can work out a way to get them to you :)


I hope you all enjoyed that Missions / International Sunday performance! Would love to hear your thoughts, especially if you've BEEN to a Missions / International Sunday and heard us perform before. What parts did you like the best? :)

Let me know!~

Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment