Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Saying Hello to Fall 2018 | #WeeklyWednesday2018

We are BAAAAAACK to blogging, guys! 
Also...Oh. My. Goodness. Has this been a crazy week for anyone else?!

From getting my own school / assistantship work and whatnot in order to meeting new students (and helping a Singaporean student named Aletheia (you'll be hearing a lot more about her from now on!), this week has just been a whirlwind!

I'm just gonna hit some of the main highlights of things that I actually got pictures of lol XD

-------------------------

Ash Moving Back to Champaign


Real quick, we amazingly managed to squeeze in a quick meetup with an old SIUC alumni from a year or two ago, Yui-chan from Japan! We have missed this sweet girl very much and we are mega jealous of the cool internship she has working in Disney Epcot down in FL! :D

Okay, so let's get the sobbing, doting older sister thing out of the way. I'm kidding, I didn't cry. My kid sister's in college, her going away every semester is a thing, and it's something I need to stop complaining about lol 

We went up to Champaign on Friday with two car loads of her stuff, dropped them off at her new apartment and then went for dinner at...*drumroll* Ozu Ramen. lol XD I'm sure you're 100% unsurprised at this point.

sister wefie in Ozu Ramen :)
LEFT) must. have. TA-KO-YA-KI (Japanese octopus balls)!! xoxo
RIGHT) shoyu ramen, honestly don't think I'll get it again. It was a bit too salty for my taste 
and I wasn't a fan of how thick the broth was...oh well.

We went to WalMart later that evening to pick up her overnight essentials and then again on Saturday to pick up other apartment necessities (i.e., lighting, etc.). I actually "took off" on that day to take care of some of my own early Fall clothing shopping. The WalMart in Champaign has a better selection than Carbondale, so I took advantage of that. I managed to find two new pairs of jeggings and a new top for late Fall / early Winter :)

We went to Olive Garden for Saturday lunch as well.

One of the best deals at Olive Garden.
Unlimited soup + salad for $8.49 (I think)
Pictured above is the minestrone soup and their house salad.

-------------------------

General Updates School and New Projects

I'll just start the updates here. Also, how fun is this HILARIOUS unintentional twinning with my Indian bro, Kevin, from church?! XD 

School: 
I'm taking 3 classes for this semester...which is is my FINAL semester and I'll be graduating in December!! O_O Gonna have to figure out my next move with job-hunting, so please be praying for me!


God has continued to bless me with a great graduate assistantship that I get both a paycheck and a tuition waver from. Praise the Lord! Also, due to the new TAs that have been hired, our bosses saw fit to have a quick office luncheon to introduce the new people, hit the highlights and provide some disclaimers about things that could go haywire on the job and got us these delicious Panera lunchboxes. I got the Green Goddess Greek salad and the Italian sandwich. Yum!



New Projects: 

Can we just say LOTS. OF. YOUTUBE. VIDEOS?!

Remember Aletheia who I mentioned earlier? She's a Singaporean grad student, obtaining her Master's in music. She is now HERE. In Carbondale! She stayed with us for a little less than a week and we'll be doing ALL KINDS of music collabs for as long as our time here in C'dale overlaps! Here is her YouTube Channel if you want to check out her piano covers.

We've got 2 videos planned already, one coming out in September and another for Nov - Dec. Look out for them!!

I've also got a Disney Villain video that's about 60% completed right now, in addition to a few things with Ash (still in the works).

Lots of exciting things coming your way, guys! :)

-------------------------

Reaction Video to The Hound + The Fox's "The Rose"


Speaking of new videos... :P
Since Ash is now back in Champaign, this new video by H+F meant that I needed to get someone else to stand in to get past my awkward lonely state lol XD

Please welcome Alex!! Yay~



If you're interested, click here to see our reactions to OTHER The Hound + The Fox videos. 
You can also watch their original video here.

As usual, here are their links!

Patreon (best way to support them) : https://www.patreon.com/TheHoundTheFox
YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHoundTheFox
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/thehoundthefox/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/TheHoundTheFox/
Loudr : https://loudr.fm/artist/the-hound-the-fox/XRX6S

You can also purchase their “Moon Songs” lullaby CD.
iTunes: https://goo.gl/7rzdTW
Spotify: https://goo.gl/puzS5g

-------------------------

For those curious, yes, we did in fact go to see Crazy Rich Asians the Thursday after it premiered, but I'll wait till I've read the book to post my official review / opinion about it. Will update with the blog link when the post is up! :) 

For now, I'll just say that it's not really child-appropriate in certain scenes (due to the age of our protagonists and the general premise for the movie) and it is definitely a little too kissy-faced and occasionally raunchy for Christian audiences. 

Well, that's it from me this week! Hope you all are having a great one! 
Leave a comment below with what you guys have been up to! I'd love to hear from you. :)

~ Ariel
Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment