Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Fort Massac Reenactment + Freeze + Sister Back for the Weekend! | #WeeklyWednesday

"Ariel, you're late!"
Weeeeeell...this is what happens when nothing that's actually INTERESTING happens, so I'm cramming in two weeks' worth of events into a single post to actually keep you guys convinced that my life isn't just an uneventful blob of meh. :P

But for real, sorry for the lateness, everyone. I've been dealing with some heavy-hitting decisions (that I will disclose at a later date) that resulted in this post being later than usual.
I've also had a bunch of projects assigned in the past week and two exams and have only just gotten around to getting my life back together.

Without further ado, let's get to what I've been up to lately!
-------------------------
Fort Massac Reenactment
We took CCF last Saturday to see what life was like back in the 1700s and early 1800s at Fort Massac State Park’s 44th annual Fort Massac Encampment. It's a reenactment featuring traders and merchants, military units, etc. 

We ran into friends there as well. :) Not everyone pictured here though.
But this was fun since we weren't expecting to see them there!

From left to right: Alex (who came with our CCF group) + Danae and Olivia (Price girls)



Oh noes, people died!




First time going, so it was kinda interesting, but...I'll be honest and say that I probably won't go again though. Sorry to disappoint, guys. I'm REALLY not a history buff. It's cool the first time, but...eh.

I'll be honest, my favorite part was taking the Chinese students around and explaining things. Watching them freak out over real fur/bone products was extremely amusing.

"Ooh! I need to take a picture of the Elk Chili!"
"Oh wait, me too!

Wait, wait, I need another picture.

What do you mean you're taking a picture of us taking pictures? lol

The sky was gorgeous and we managed to catch the first bit of the closing ceremony.


-------------------------

Freeze~
So a new ice-cream place just opened in Carbondale called Freeze. They are advertising as "thai" ice-cream, which I guess means that it's rolled? Went and tried the Blueberry-Raspberry-Vanilla combination, with mango, strawberry, and graham crackers as my toppings.

Here are my low-key non-obtrusive photos of the dude who was MAKING my ice-cream.
That WAS actually cool to watch lol XD



Choppy choppy choppy chop and scoop lol XD


Putting rolls of ice-cream (yes, I did just say ROLLS) into cup.

Going to put in toppings.



Not bad, but for the price I paid...I'd rather take my money up to Champaign and pay Coco Mero for another Green Tea frozen yogurt + Dutch chocolate.

Sorry, Freeze :/


-------------------------
Ashriel Came Home!
One of the best things of sister being gone is sister coming back.
Contradiction? :P

She doesn't like me taking pictures of her, so there's....none of that. 
Le sad :(


And since I'm an extremely humble, model older sister, I got my sister stuff to celebrate her return home. BEHOLD!
2 boxes of Mike & Ikes (she loves those things)
1 new SIGNED H+F CD
1 hot pink hair extension for her RWBY Lei Ren cosplay (she's been needing one)
and 1 cheeky Welcome Home xoxo label for her bed.

KILLIN' IT, GUYS. KILLIN' IT. 


Many thanks to Hannah who brought her back home with her since she was on the way down anyway :) Mom made Chinese chicken noodle soup. Yummy!

-------------------------
Not entirely sure what the next week holds, but we DO have a hayride and an International Sunday coming up in the next couple weeks. It may be one post, it may be two. 
Let's see how many pictures I take this time!

See you next #WeeklyWednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment