Friday, April 14, 2017

Allergies, Shopping Sprees, and MWF Hashtagies! (that last one is a bit forced...oh well)



https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1429311894135-1dd3f3c0d128?dpr=1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1500&h=844&q=80&cs=tinysrgb&crop=&bg=
By Emre Gencer (@reo) from Unsplash.com
 Ah, springtime. Beautiful flowers, lovely weather, and oh…what’s this yellow stuff on the ground that makes MORE flowers as time goes by? It gets on your car, in your hair, on your clothes, and just about everything, and if you don’t take car to get it all OFF of you before you go to bed….*evil laugh* you’re in for a world of hurt.

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1428856472086-8674d9cbd6bc?dpr=1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1500&h=1125&q=80&cs=tinysrgb&crop=&bg=
By Shannon Richards (@shannonkay) from Unsplash.com

POLLEN. UGH. I hate allergies. I wasn’t allergic to pollen before coming to the States, you know. It started when I was in the 4th grade, I suddenly found that my nose would itch, the roof of my mouth would itch, and my eyes started swelling like crazy. Kind of pink eye (or is it red eye???) ish, without actually having that in my system. Anyway, to make matters worse, I went camping with a bunch of girls from church as a girls’ night out thing that the church organized, was exposed to billows of smoke from the campfire (no way to avoid it because there was so much of it everywhere), and was crying in pain, unable to breathe properly or sleep, and miserable for hours. One of the girls’ moms had to take me home, a 2 hour drive, at 2am. I felt so bad for her…

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1443736935966-458a7520ec6d?dpr=1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1500&h=1125&q=80&cs=tinysrgb&crop=&bg=
By Gabriel Pangilinan (@gubrelsenpai) from Unsplash.com
Anyway, here I am as an adult and allergies still make me miserable. It’s not fun having to turn down friends who want to go hiking or just “enjoy the weather outside” and go for a walk because I can’t breathe. I’m also much more sensitive to insect bites as compared to the average person; they swell up a good 2x larger than most. It’s annoying and quite frankly, I don’t enjoy having to take allergy meds all through the year because believe it or not, even in summer, fall, or winter, if I don’t take meds for a couple of days, I won’t be able to breathe…

If you’re allergy free…count yourself blessed, because having allergies SERIOUSLY SUCKS. I think I’ll make a YouTube video about it…yeah. That sounds like fun :P If you haven't subscribed yet, here's the link.

---------------------------------------------------------------

MOVING ON!~
Have you ever seen “haul” videos on YouTube? You know, the ones that start out with a line like “What’s in my bag?” where the person CLEARLY went on a shopping spree that you’re jealous they had the money for and are now displaying all the lovely things they bought in one shot?

I love shopping sprees. I’m also slightly bad in the sense that all of the ones for clothing seem to end up with me returning 60% of it back to the store because after a second glance, away from the initial excitement of buying things, I don’t look great in it. (graphic chart of my thought process coming soon when I have time haha XD)
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1470309864661-68328b2cd0a5?dpr=1&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1500&h=1000&q=80&cs=tinysrgb&crop=&bg=
By @artificialphotography from Unsplash.com
 Unsurprisingly, given how crafty I am, I don’t quite follow a coherent thought process when buying crafts. It’s ESPECIALLY dangerous when I have money to spend, and quite frankly, one of the prime reasons I’m not as rich as I could and should be.

But one of my favorite things to do is buy stuff from artists I like, particularly if I like the artists themselves as people. I have a select few that I care about enough to support on a regular basis.
I’m going to do a short series of artists I support in the following categories: art, crafts, and music.

---------------------------------------------------------------


AND SO!! This has led me to make the following decision in which I once again shoot myself in the foot by giving myself more work, but given that I can schedule posts ahead of time, this shouldn’t be too bad (said Moana before her boat capsized…). I’m splitting off posts into more categories, which would allow me to share more!

They are: Music Monday (#musicmonday), Weekly Wednesday (#weeklywednesday), and Feature Friday (#featurefriday). Really, Ariel? Matching first letters? Really?…yeah. I don’t remember what that’s called. So much for English class lol XD

Music Monday: I share a song I’ve been obsessed with, YouTube link and all, as well as a quick opinion of what I like or don’t like about the song, and maybe how bad this obsession is. Have I been singing it for weeks? Whistling occasionally? Full out random breaking into song? That kind of thing. :)

Weekly Wednesday: my weekly update, what I’ve been up to, essentially what I’m been posting thus far.

Feature Friday: I can share the works of another artist that I love, which will hopefully 1) demonstrate how much I love them XD and 2) share with you the many things that the talented people I know are doing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

That's all for this week! Next Wednesday, you'll see our Resurrection Sunday celebration, a little...something something from me that I'm very excited about, and photos from the event! Music Monday and Feature Friday will be in full-swing next week as well, with a YouTube video going up for the Feature Friday! :D

Comment below and because I'm terrible at remembering who I've told what, SUBSCRIBE for more updates (somewhere to the top right, I think?). 

Have a great weekend, everyone! Enjoy this season to be with your families and remember what, who, and why we're celebrating this weekend! (I'll talk about it more in the next post)

Love ya! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment