Friday, April 7, 2017

Introduction Pt 4: Trivia | Chicago Trip Pt 3: #finallymonroes



Hey, guys!
It’s time for the last update of my Chicago trip: the #finallymonroes wedding! Wheee~

This post will be slightly more disorganized because a ton of stuff happened within the same day or two (Sat-Sun), so I ended up putting them together into a single photo. I apologize for the length, but I kinda wanted to wrap this up so that I can actually update you on the other events I have coming up on time. :)

So let’s get started!


One of my friends, henceforth known as Pistachioca, roomed with me in this adorably little hipster part of Chicago in a hotel called the Hollander. Their logo is “H!” and it was a darling little place, kinda urban chic if you will, and I’m definitely going back! The area was GREAT for fooding and just chilling out in general, and had I not been so busy making plans with people that I was meeting up with, I would’ve definitely taking my sweet time to check it out.

Ralph and Christa (the newlyweds) had set orange and blue as their wedding theme colors, and Pistachioca KILLED it with her dress. Sticking to the theme, yay! I cheated a little, with a little shout out to my Asian roots type of dress (blue), and orange tsumami kanzashi earrings made by Arleen.

Their little centerpieces on the light refreshment tables were so cute. <3


Bottom right: former coworker and fellow lover of all things acapella and Disney, Amber. She’s so sweet and let me crash at her place Friday night. We went and caught Beauty and the Beast in 3D (her first time). I was like “I LOVED THIS MOVIE SO WHY NOT” and due to my AMC membership, had finally racked up enough points for a free ticket!! :D Thank you, Jesus!! It was one of the few times where I felt like God was LITERALLY providing ways for me to have fun and to just enjoy myself with friends and not worry about the cost of us going out. Haha!

Top right and bottom left were my American “brother” David, doing his job as groomsman, and Malaysian “sister”, Stevenney (who is getting married in May, so there will be photos from that too! Yay!~

Top left, Hannah brought me out for this FLIPPIN’ DELICIOUS ice cream. AHHH~
It was so good, I brought our other hotel roomie, Kimmy (Stevenney’s younger sister) out for ice-cream the next day! lol


I’m going to start with the food so that the subsequent photos will be able to connect better to this post. Starting from the left:
1) shot of the Blackcurrant (sucker for it. I told ya) Lambic sorbet, Ultramarine blueberry frozen yogurt, and Black Cat Espresso ice cream. This is from Saturday night when I went out with Pistachioca.
2) Stevenney and fiancé kindly brought Kim and I out on Sunday (Pistachioca had left for Canada) to my FAVORITE JAPANESE MARKET in the area, Mitsuwa. I hadn’t been in ages, and due to time constraints, wasn’t able to shop, but I DID get to eat!! I ordered (going down the left column and then the right): white rice, tempura ginger sauce, miso soup, saba (grilled mackeral), seasoned steamed daikon, bellpepper+pumpkin+shrimp tempura, and sukiyaki (beef, noodles, snow peas, and tofu). FLIPPIN’ DELICIOUS~ Thank you, God, for the Japanese people and the epicosity of their cuisine!
3) We went to a fusion type place after the wedding and I had a teriyaki beef bowl (would we call it nikudon? XD)

All right, back to the photo on top:
One of the absolute best things that I loved about the #finallymonroes wedding is the way the bride and groom really brought together so many people with their vibrant personalities and their fiery love for the Lord. It was like a giant alumni reunion for our church, so many people came out and went up to Chicago for the wedding. Some even came from overseas to serve in the bridal party (one, my “brother” from Burkina Faso, even got to come back to our little town and our family got to hang out with him for the first time in…years: picture below).


I’m really happy for Ralph and Christa (pictured below) and I’m looking forward to seeing the many ways God will MULTIPLY their love for Him, for each other, and for His people as they move together in ministry. If you two are reading this, it was a beautiful ceremony, your personal vows for each other were the greatest thing I've heard in ages, and I'm so happy for you both!

Last photo was our dinner group for food option #3 (the fusion place) from earlier.


Overall, I had a great time, and that’s a wrap on my Chicago trip!~

--------------------

Introduction Trivia
I’m not sure what all else I should add to the blog in its own category, so I’m adding a tidbit here about random stuff I do/access on a daily basis that you may or may not know about.

- Photography (I’m sure you’ve seen me do photos on FB and Instagram, but I actually own a Canon T3i Rebel that I use for SERIOUS photo taking, such as TZArtisan photoshoots
- YouTube Channel:  (videos with my sister and friends, hoping to do flute covers in the future). I wrote my own jingle for this and my friend, Hitomi, is the one who drew the headshots for me.
- Bookbub: I subscribed to this and get at least 1 eBook I actually like for FREE from it. Keeps me reading :) I HIGHLY recommend getting it if you’ve got a smart device.
- Subscriptions: (I get monthly subscription boxes from Skoshbox and Bluebird TeaCo. Can’t recommend these enough. Quality stuff and it keeps me from spending any MORE on sweets, snacks, and gourmet coffee/tea from cafes on a daily basis (exception when I’m traveling or out somewhere I can’t make my own drink).

--------------------

We’ve got some fun stuff coming up, photos and all, so keep on the lookout for it!
Still haven't figured out how to see who all has subscribed to this thing...anyone know how?
Comment below and let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know update/introduction wise, and I’ll do my best to get them on here! Also, I’m a forgetful person, so to make sure I didn’t accidentally leave you out of the loop on something, click subscribe for more updates (somewhere off to the right).

*the second star to the riiiiight, shines in the night for yooooou….”


No comments:

Post a Comment