Wednesday, April 26, 2017

International Easter Sunday: CCF Covers 因着十架爱 | #WeeklyWednesday

It is FINALLY here, guys! Thank you so much for your patience!
CCF (Calvary Chinese Fellowship) performed 因着十架爱: By the Love at the Cross for our International Easter Sunday event! If anyone cares to listen, this is what the original song (before CCF went to play with it) sounded like.

Now, without further ado, here is the video! Whee~


-------------------------------------

Unfortunately, due to the craziness of the event and the number of people going place, we only had ONE group photo. Sorry :(

This is our entire CCF (Calvary Chinese Fellowship) group that came out for the event. I'll try to highlight the performers (specifically) and what they did here:

Back Row (from the left): 
Chinese in Red: Dad - tenor voice + harmony
American in Green: Alex - soprano voice + harmony
American in White: Ethan - our "little drummer boy" ;)
Chinese in White: ZhouTing - bass voice

From Row (from the left):
Chinese in Pink: Ash - ocarina (the shell flute thing for those who have been calling it that), alto voice + harmony, piano
Chinese in White: Kim - soprano voice + harmony
Chinese in Cream: Yvonne - melody
Chinese in Long White: Mom - melody
Me (blue shirt) - piano, melody + alto voice + harmony, rap
American in Multi-color: Livvy - cello (the cello issues in the video weren't entirely up to her, guys. The speakers were in the way of her bow. Hazard of a LIVE performance)

NOT PICTURED: Caleb - bassist (he left almost immediately with his wifey to attend a family Easter thing)

If any of you are reading this, thank you SO SO MUCH for all of your hard work! I was so blessed to get to do this with all of you, and what an honor it is to be able to praise God with everything I have (creatively speaking). <3

------------------------------------- 

Here are the lyrics to the rap I wrote for the chorus of the song.
Considering it's my first original rap...it's not...bad? haha XD


Our sins condemned Him and we handed Him over
The mass, they mocked Him, shouted "Crucify!"
But that's not gonna stop my Bright Star, my nova,
'cause on the third day, He was raised to life!

Yo, He was carrying our afflictions and bearing our pain.
D'yall know that this is the reason our Jesus was slain?
Now as He's healing our spirits and granting us peace,
start taking notes 'cause this is just part of what God will release!

My God, He came as a Man, He was meek, faithful, lowly,
despised, and rejected, yet guileless and holy.
We were made clean and our sins were forgiven
'cause the Bride's getting ready for a wedding in Heaven.

He gave up His body and was broken for me.
Whosoever believes shall live eternally.
I've no guilt in life and no fear in death
'cause our Jesus, He loved when He gave His last breath.

What do you think? Comment below so I can get better. haha XD
-------------------------------------
Here are some things that people said to me about the rap. 
Hopefully you get a laugh out of them. I know I did!!

"Sista...when are you BREATHING?"

"Cool rap. Didn't know that humans were capable of speaking that fast, but consider me reeducated." 

"OMG OMG MOOOOOOOM!!! That's the lady who rapped!! I can't believe she did that!! MOOOOOOOOOM!!!"

"Get it, GIIIIIIIIRL!"

"I have...never seen an Asian female rapper for worship music. What have we been missing out on?!"

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!"

"I officially rename you DJRiel." (name is up for debate, some at church had other ideas lol)

"You couldn't see me while you were rapping but I was just jammin' the whole time."

"+ 15 points for using the word guileless in a rap XD"

"Sista! These lyrics are FIERCE. WHOOT!"

So...I guess the final word is that people liked it and were blessed by it?
Praise God! :)

-------------------------------------
 
Hope you liked the performance!
Please subscribe if you haven't already! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment