Monday, October 16, 2017

$1.29 Goes a Long Way | "Lin-Manuel Miranda - Almost Like Praying feat Artists for Puerto Rico" | #MusicMonday

Hello, you lovely people!
Today, I wanted to share about the newest song that has just been released by one of my favorite song-writers of all time, Lin-Manuel Miranda. For those who don't know about this immensely talented man, he's the one who wrote Hamilton the Musical (Broadway) and also the one who did all of the music for Disney's Moana. 

His latest work has GOT to be the thing I respect him the MOST for (at the moment anyway, because with LMM, something new and awesome is always on the horizon).
He has created something truly incredible, and I wanted to share it with you all.

Before we begin, however, I need to clarify that 1) I am not here to discuss politics right now, and 2) while I support Lin-Manuel's musical works, his efforts to support Puerto Rico, AND also to share the fact that I love this guy and think he's an awesome silver lining in the media world, I do not agree with him on many things. What are these "things" you may wonder? You probably already know I'm Christian, so just know that the Liberal/Progressive side of the political spectrum and what it advocates is not something I stand by. However, Lin-Manuel is not a Christian, and I, thereby, do not expect him to be one. 

Now that THAT'S all cleared up, let's move along, shall we?



Lin-Manuel and many others who have collaborated with him to create this LITERAL fund-raising song have moved mountains to make it happen. It is FULL of stars that mean something to the people of Puerto Rico, ranging through icons like Jennifer Lopez to stars that mean something to your parents' generation and more. He "arranges words for a living" and has managed to pull off this phenomenal piece that has all of the cities of Puerto Rico, solely for the fact that he wants to make sure that the people of Puerto Rico know that they have not been forgotten. 

Give the video a listen. 



ALMOST LIKE PRAYING website (you can see details and also lyrics)

As someone from Singapore, I have a definite sense of pride when I meet someone from my city SG (that reference drives my mom up the wall lol). I can definitely get behind an artist who remembers his roots and DEFINITELY put my money behind an effort as sincere and genuine as the move started by Lin-Manuel. 


Lin-Manuel says, “The hook of almost like praying - thoughts and prayers are great; thoughts and prayers are not enough. We need supplies, we need aid, we need a government response that matches the response of our people, and that’s what the song’s about.

While I'm definitely NOT downplaying the effect of prayers, because our God is mighty and He can do ANYTHING, it IS true that for us humans, there is definitely more we can do than simply think and pray. We can join the wave of people who have helped this song rise to the top and at least cause people to REMEMBER Puerto Rico and to send their money that way as they're able whenever they hear this song.

I can't donate a million to help Puerto Rico like JLo, b
ut I know that I've got $1.29 to spare on iTunes and a #MusicMonday post that I can share this on. 

Pick up this lovely gem of a song, help the Puerto Rico support effort, and you'll be getting the absolute BEST VALUE for money that you've ever received through song!!

See you all next Wednesday!~



No comments:

Post a Comment