Monday, October 9, 2017

Home Free is TIMELESS and I'm Home Fry for LIFE | #MusicMonday

If you hadn't heard of Home Free before my bass-battle sing-off, you. are. missing. OUT!

For those who don't know, I essentially grew up thinking that country music was...well, ICK. 

It was one of those things that "my parents" listened to in the car, which thereby made me tire of it REAL quick (you know how it is). 

But when I discovered my love of a cappella, I discovered Home Free.
I KID YOU NOT, these guys single-handedly made me love country music, but hilariously, only theirs. lol XD I can't hear a song that they've covered without singing THEIR version, and then the funniest look will appear on my face whenever the song "deviates" (which is funny, because HF did the cover, not the original haha XD) from what I know. 


That said, if you've heard me say ANYTHING country music related or sing anything country music related that made sense or was remotely accurate, Home Free gets all the credit for that. lol XD These men are supremely talented, they're so real and so funny, and though I have yet to meet them in person, that is DEFINITELY on the bucket list. 

Disclaimer: I first started listening to them when Chris Rupp (the founder) was still part of the group. He has since left on to pursue solo projects and Adam Chance has taken his place.

----------------------------------------- 


Originally from Minnesota, Home Free has made their mark, predominantly, as the world's first country a cappella band. They have TONS of show experience, having performed thousands of shows over the years and across the country ever since they started in 2000. 

They won Season 4 of NBC's The Sing Off in 2013. Their founder, Chris Rupp (Adam's brother) left the group I think last year, and Adam Chance has joined them since.

They are very barbershop quartet (+ beatbox) in their format, but all of the singers have sung the lead before, not just Austin (the lead tenor).


From left to right: Rob, Chance, Tim, Austin, Adam

Here's a basic breakdown of (the current) Home Free and their roles for those who don't know:
Austin Brown - lead tenor

Adam Chance (aka Chance to keep from confusing him with the other Adam) - baritone harmony
Tim Foust - bass
Robert Lundquist - tenor harmony
Adam Rupp - beatboxing 

They all have formal musical training. Rob and the Rupps have B.As in music. Adam R. actually plays the trumpet primarily, but he also pla
ys drums, keyboard, and bass guitar (and obviously beat-boxes). Tim and Austin also do a lot of the writing and arranging.
Home Free isn't your "boy band", you can be sure of that. 


Here's a general list of their ages (straight from their site):
- Austin 1986
- Chance 1984
Tim 1981
- Rob 1983
- Adam 1982

The main reason I'm sharing about Home Free here and now is because they have a new album called "Timeless" out now, so you should go gra
b yourself a copy of the country a cappella goodness.

----------------------------------------- 


Here's a song (one of my faves) from their new album, Blue Ain't Your Color (originally by Keith Urban). Also, I love Home Free's arrangements. Let's just get that out of the way. The following list is just what SPECIFICALLY (aside from their norm) I liked in this video.

My favorite parts of this song were: 
- the sharply dressed country boys (because who are we kidding, they look great) on an absolutely fab background of shiny lol XD

- the little pieces of blue that are peppered through their outfits
- TIM. ALWAYS TIM.
- the dancing. the DANCING!! They NEVER DANCE!!!
- the higher toned "oooh"s that Austin's busting out
- the silhouettes and lighting changes throughout
- TIM AT THE END. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH <3



GET IT HERE!

Listen to TIMELESS on iTunes.
Listen to TIMELESS on Amazon.
Listen to TIMELESS on Google Play
Listen to physical copies of TIMELESS from their store.

Small note, the only place you can get physical copies of TIMELESS (Deluxe Edition) is on their web store or at a show (you should go if you have the chance, they're on tour now!).

Home Free has tons of social media things to enjoy:
Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/homefreeguys/

Hope you loved these goofballs as much as I did the first time I saw them and that you enjoyed this #MusicMonday!!
See you all next Wednesday!~


Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment