Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Family Weekend Craft Sale...Fail + Dad's & Jen's Birthday Celebrations! | #WeeklyWednesday

So, part of the reason for my recent blog hiatus was due to school + the disappointment that was the Family Weekend Craft Sale at SIUC. I don't want to "bash" the event, per say, but given my years of experience in participating...this year was a MAJOR disappointment and I do not plan to return to it. 



The reasons I think it failed are:
- dropped new student enrollment = fewer customers
- customers are not actually "customers", more like passer-bys
Ergo, no one really actually wants to buy things and no one is inclined to do so. 

I love participating in craft shows and sharing what I do with people who've never seen it. 
It's really fun for me because not everyone that KNOWS what I do is particularly enthusiastic about it, and some, frankly, think I'm better off doing something else with my time or just DON'T CARE. 

So when a show sucks as much as this last one did...well, it's a bummer.
It just causes the creative juices to drain and it takes a while to replenish.

*update*
Dad kindly took some photos, so here they are :)





------------------------------------------

With regards to school, here is a list of some of the assignments I have from different classes (in no particular order): 

This Week: 
- 5 minute video lesson (+ editing)
- at least 100+ pages of combined textbook readings
- reflective "posts" on class forums
etc.

Semester Long:
- quizzes
- Video game related screen capture
- 30 minute filmed video lesson (+ editing)

- 30 minute powerpoint + voice over lesson (+ editing)
- ~14 page paper on Game Narrative Analysis
- game narrative class prototypes (physical paper form and programmed computer form)
etc.

As is probably painfully obvious right now, I would definitely appreciate your prayers :)
Mondays and Tuesdays are the worst. I have classes 3-6pm and 7-8pm on Mondays (I'm shutting down by around 5:30pm...) and Tuesdays, I have class from 1-6:30pm. 

For those in the know...if you're scratching your head wondering why the number of creative projects I'm working on seems to be increasing despite my busy schedule, it's because creating things and generating new ideas is my escape from reality lol

------------------------------------------


Daddy's Birthday
Now, on to happier topics, who DOESN'T like birthdays? :)
We celebrated Daddy's birthday last week, as well as one of my best friends from my high school days, Jen! 


How did Dad end up making his own steaks?! lol

Dinner was ORIGINALLY supposed to be okonomiyaki (which Dad actually wanted originally), but it ended up being steak with stuff. Dad made steak (I helped season it) and then I stir fried up some mushrooms in garlic butter. NOT your standard stir fry, mind you, this stuff is flippin' delicious and I'm pretty good at making it. 

Group photo

We had Sayaka-nee and my American bro, David, over to celebrate Dad. It's a bit weird with Ash gone, no? 

------------------------------------------

Jen's Birthday
Jen and I have known each other since our freshman year of high school.
HOW FAR WE'VE COME, GIRL. HOW FAR WE'VE COME.

We had a lovely breakfast (my treat, of course) at our local Carbondale Harbaugh's.
I got her a myriad of things, but the one I was THE MOST excited about was the Peanut Butter and Jelly palette by Too Faced. I had heard lots of good things (including the smell), and when Ulta had it on its SPECIALS list when I stopped by, I HAD to get it for her. 

How PERFECT was it that her autumn themed shirt LITERALLY matched the palette?


We also took a trip down memory lane (figuratively) and walked down the strip (downtown Carbondale) to QQ, all the way down to the Amtrak before we turned around to head back to our cars. In QQ, there's a picture that had been drawn by a mutual friend of ours, moniker Panda, that's still there to this day. I think it's been there since freshman year, so that's fun lol XD


------------------------------------------

I've got a SUPER exciting thing for this #FeatureFriday.
Be sure to subscribe (in the top right corner of your screen) and don't miss it!


See you all on Friday!~

No comments:

Post a Comment