Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Father's Day + Crafty Nights with Ari #1 | #WeeklyWednesday

Did everyone have a great Father's Day? 
We did! It was SO much fun! I just want to share a little about our celebration before I get into the "Crafty Nights with Ari" bit :)


The Spread

The Meats!

The Veggies :)

We typically cook Japanese food for Dad because it's one of the types of food that is generally more labor intensive. It isn't something you can pop into the oven and leave alone for 2 hours to cook by itself. 

For this Father's Day, we made:
- shrimp tempura
- karaage (fried chicken, but not the same as yakitori)
- fried oyster
- katsu (fried pork chops)
- vegetable tempura (shitake, sweet potato, bellpepper, and zucchini)
- cold soba noodles 

A little surprise we had for Dad THIS time around though, was that we invited Sayaka-nee and didn't tell him XD

See the fruits of our labors below XD

Here are a few other fun pictures from the night!


Family + Sayaka-nee selfie

Sayaka-nee enjoying her oysters

Sayaka-nee and Otou-sama (Daddy)

------------------------------------------------

Great news, "Crafty Nights with Ari #1" was a success!! WHOOHOO!
DEFINITELY doing it again, if only so that I can get my friends over and make them food :P

I would like to HEARTILY thank each and every one that came to "Crafty Nights with Ari" #1.
Elissa Pense
Alex Apgar
Christie Chambers
Kristi Fleming

We got SO MUCH done and I'm genuinely thankful that you ladies took the time to come out and help get my craft life sped ahead! I can honestly say that what we managed to accomplish last night would've taken me at least a week on my own.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

For those reading, I'm sure you wanted photos, but see...when I get into work mode...I completely forget about photos. Happens all the time at craft shows. Oops.

Next time, I promise!! :(

-----------------------------------

"The Dinner : Avocado Sauce Seafood Spaghetti with Bonito Flakes"


Photo is unedited, sorry. This is the one picture I DID take. Does this dish sound familiar? It should :P It's 
inspired by that lovely dish I had in NY. Due to my inexperience in working with avocados, the sauce could've DEFINITELY been better, but I'm looking forward to improving it. It was actually quite good :)


Ingredients:

Sauce:
- milk
- avocado
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
- lemon juice
- salt
- black pepper

Pasta: 
- mixture of whole wheat and normal thin spaghetti (I think I will avoid whole wheat next time...made it a little too grainy in my opinion)

Seafood and Toppings:
- $2.50 mussels from Aldi (in their own juice)
- medium shrimp
- crab sticks
- cherry tomatoes and mini yellow tomatoes

----------------------------------

Don't miss my overly excited post about Crown Brew Coffee Co.'s grand opening on this #FeatureFriday!! Be sure to subscribe in the upper right hand corner with your email if you haven't already!

~Byee!

No comments:

Post a Comment