Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Kuaula Wedding | #WeeklyWednesday

In all honesty, I...want to sleep for a week. Sorry, guys, this isn't going to be terribly wordy because I was running around doing a ton of things to the point where I really don't have much of an opinion on anything at this point, but as promised, here are photos. Once again, unedited photos. Sorry :(

-----------------------------------

"The Kuaula Wedding"
Program
After a long and grueling two days of decorating with things happening almost every day that made the process go longer and later than originally planned, we're done. Many things went crazy at the last minute that I don't even know about and quite frankly, I'm not going to try to guess. We did it, it's over, I'm almost positive the bride and groom loved their wedding, and that's enough for me.

That said, let's begin with the reception! Okay, THIS one, I have to say something about. What was originally planned as: 

"Tables + Chairs Set-Up on Wednesday night" and "Decor Start at 1pm Thursday night"

turned into "Tables + Chairs Set-Up at 4pm on Thursday" because we were unable to receive the keys to the reception area. This scheduling upset pushed EVERYTHING back. 
I personally had to leave at 11pm because I was ALREADY TIRED and didn't want to work myself SICK (something you can ask anyone I'm close friends with happens more often than I'd like), but the lead decorator, Ms. Helen, didn't leave till 2am. Yep. Pray for her. 

Unsurprisingly I felt really AWFUL leaving early when the decor wasn't done, but I just couldn't push myself anymore. She had me take a break for 10 minutes and when I had to get up again, my legs were glued to the floor. 

There was one point where she asked me why I wasn't slowing down and why I was moving so fast to get everything done, and my brain only had two things in mind:
1) move faster = done faster = go home faster 
2) if I slow down, I will SHUT DOWN

So yeah...while it may seem selfish to some that I left early, I was SO DONE with the day, I just had to leave. I was not going to be of any good to anyone in a half-dead state, and this was the first day and we had two more to go. If this was a one day thing and I had nowhere to be the next day? Sure. I'd stay till the end. But I had two more days of needing to function in high gear, so I hightailed it out of there.

Here are pictures of the reception area (pre-decor):


This is what it looked like 3.5 hours later (after putting out ALL tables, covering chairs with covers, and laying them down, 7 chairs to a table):


Ribbons (tied by me) to distinguish the reserved seats for the bride and groom's family.
My personal preference would've been to use a gold or green from their color scheme to make the bows pop more, but I guess subtlety was a theme here (which is fine). I did these at the ceremony venue as well. I'm calling them butterfly bows. No idea what they are actually called though. lol XD

Setting tables:


Place Setting:

Completed table setting:

Small bit of drama here that I didn't know about till the day, but apparently the florist put the flowers in the freezer and killed them all the day before. YIKES! Fortunately, God worked a miracle and got us more flowers THE NEXT DAY! PHEW! Talk about an event saver. Much of the decor was relying on the live flowers and to NOT have them would've been very very bad.

This is what the head table (for the bride, groom, and bridal party) looked like. They had more elaborate settings with different plates and their table was covered in a rosette tablecloth and mirrors. Very "classy" and majestic in appearance.




Let's hop over to the place where the ceremony took place. Tulle was done by me, candles and mirrors on the ground placed by Ash. We had to be careful to make sure that there wasn't a chance of someone knocking over a candle or pulling on the tulle because that fire hazard would be...well, BAD.

And now we're at the day itself!!
Here are some photos from the ceremony. Some are dark, sorry :(
The brighter ones were too bright to see clearly because the light bouncing off of their white outfits drowned out their faces. :(

I also want to go ahead and state here that by this point, I was exhausted, so my makeup and what my face looks like in general isn't that great. :/ Whoops.


Danae and Olivia, our wedding music instrumentalist duo lol





Presenting, Mr. and Mrs. Musumhi!!

And since Africans LOVE dancing, there were some of the dances that I managed to record (albeit, not well because I was trying to hold my phone above peoples' heads, and as such, can't see what's on my phone at all times...). Also, sorry for the inconvenience, but these two were too large to load TO the blog, so here are the links for them in Google Drive.

Bridal Party Dances:

#1: the Bridal Party "enters"

#2: special Bridal Party dance (I personally liked this one a lot)

First Dance as Husband and Wife:

Managed to snag a quick photo with my pilot bro, Chris, in his groomsman outfit. He looks good, no? :) The groomsmen were all in white suits with emerald green vests and bow ties. The bridesmaids were in emerald green dresses with gold jewelry and gold strap heels.

All looked great :D


And on our way out, Ash and I managed to catch the bride in the corner as she waited for Kudzai to finish his mother + son dance with his mom so that she could do her father + daughter dance with her dad.

We love you so much, Paula!!
Congratulations!!!



-----------------------------------

Surprisingly, I managed to squeeze in some time to watch Wonder Woman last week with some friends. I'll be sharing my thoughts about the movie on #FeatureFriday, so don't miss it! Subscribe at the top right of the page if you haven't already!!

Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment