Monday, July 10, 2017

#HollensFamily Pride (ft CAN'T STOP THE FEELING! - Peter Hollens) | #MusicMonday

#HollensFamily Facebook group header photo from back in 2014 by HollensSis, Laura Jolly. 
I loved this one :) Saved it and everything. 
There's a monthly contest to keep the header pics fresh and to let HollensFam show off their mad skills :D

Shout-out to my #HollensFam this #MusicMonday because I'm just so proud of the fact that I'm a part of it. You guys' posts make my day. Every awesome thing that happens to each one of you makes me smile. Every sad thing causes me to pray that things'll get better. But everything that's posted there just makes me proud that I'm a part of such a kind and loving fan-base, the #HollensFamily, named by none other than our elf-eared (self-dubbed) Dorky A cappella Dad (or DAD if you caught the acronym :P).



--------------------------------------------------

To people who don't know why I'm excited to talk about #HollensFamily today...
Have you ever heard of Peter Hollens? No?
Okay, let me rephrase. Have you HEARD Peter Hollens? 
The man is so talented, he makes all of his own tracks with JUST his voice (and some claps). You might be thinking "oh sure, it's just another a cappella thing Ariel likes" or "uh, that's easy, anyone can record themselves a bunch of times", but you know what I say to that? 

We shall have a fabulous garden party and you aren't invited. :P
Just kidding. Peter has a "kill 'em with kindness policy" that's rubbed off, so I'll be nice and instead have you listen to Peter's covers of songs that you like and will thereby like MORE once you've heard his version. I say Mwahahaha XD 
You've been ushered into the family now.

All jokes aside, Peter is, absolutely, by far, one of the most loving artists that I know. 
I've lost count of the number of times he's been in interviews and has put people in their place with what I feel is one of the top ten things he shares in life, the importance of genuinely loving your fans. He says "I love you" to the fans so much and we can all tell that he really means it. It's clear from just about everything he does how much he prioritizes his fanbase. And that's really cool. I've never had a moment where I felt like Peter was just saying that he loved the fans for the sake of the fans being "satisfied" that "senpai noticed them" (or oppa, if you're more into K-dramas). 



Every single video of his is either 1) something he's personally been wanting to do forever and is super excited to share with us (fans) or 2) something that a bunch of the fans requested. How many artists (even just on YouTube) can have people say THAT about them? I feel like his work with Patreon (which is awesome, by the way, if you don't know what that is) and other like-minded artists have started a trend though, because I'm noticing that more and more artists are starting to think and care more about the people that make up their fan-base instead of just...well, their fan-base.

He's also one of the few YouTube artists who I can tell is truly trying to make an effort to meet the fans as much as possible. VidCon, random meet & greets when he can, and above all...fan collabs. How many people do you know actually MAKE collaborations for their YouTube channels with their fans? We've all heard of collabs with OTHER YouTubers that are mutually beneficial (viewers from either channel see the other YouTuber in the video, hopefully resulting in more subscribers for both), but collabs with fans...? Those are few and far between. On a small side note, Pentatonix did a few, for which I really love and respect them for.

Let's be clear, I do NOT idolize Peter. But I do look up to him. As a Christian, I find my value in God and what HE sees me as. But you know, it's really cool knowing that every time I share an artist's videos, I could potentially be adding to their livelihood if I miraculously manage to add even ONE PERSON to their fan base. That's a pretty cool feeling. 

You what else is cool about Peter? He looked at a world that told him no, told himself YES, and put in the love for his craft and the hard work necessary to make it. And here he is. 
You know what else is amazing about him? He's not FIGHTING other artists to get to where he is, he's helping them all get there WITH him. I love how he handles his working relationship with other artists. Much too often, we hear of drama in the media about this celebrity getting into a fight with another or how this artist stole another artist's whatever. I can 1000% vouch that that'll never EVER happen to Peter.

------------------------------------------------

ANYWAY. The reason I'm super excited about Peter (this week) is because...I'm participating in a collab with him!!! :D I can't wait for that video to be done to share it all with you! It's good quality stuff (not my video, necessarily, but Peter is sure to do something awesome with it).

So, in the meantime, here's the last collab that he did. LOVED it to pieces <3
This is the message he posted to the HollensFamily fan group (that he's in and you can actually tag him in things and he reads + responds!!) back when he was still making this video:

Anyone in Salt Lake/Park City/Provo wanna be in a video? Oct 3rd? SECOND UPDATE READ BELOW!! Could everyone who is able and willing to be there AND has some form of dancing skill (you will have to learn an easy dance)



Can't stop that #HollensFamily pride!~ :D

-----------------------------------------------

Here's are links to Peter's stuff :)
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/peterhollens
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PeterHollens...
Snapchat: peterhollens
Periscope: peterhollens
Instagram: http://instagram.com/peterhollens
Tumblr: http://peterhollens.tumblr.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/peterhollens


By the way, he has a bunch of CDs out and stuff for sale like...everywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Any other members of the #HollensFam out there? Comment below with your favorite video of his and I'll share my EXACT favorite moment (time-stamp and everything) that I liked <3
#HollensFamily for the win! :D

Subscribe in the top right corner of your screen if you haven't done so already!
I'll be sharing about the photography class that starts today (eep!~) on #WeeklyWednesday. 

Please be praying for me! Thank you all!!

Cheers!~

No comments:

Post a Comment