Monday, July 17, 2017

Band Debut for Kairos Impact | #MusicMonday


Remember how I went on that rant a couple weeks ago about how cool it is to KNOW a really talented musician and how awesome it is to see them making something of it that people can actually purchase? Add the furthering of our Lord's Kingdom to the mix and you've got a really good reason to go out and support these guys. 

May I present to you, ladies and gentlemen, Kairos Impact?


I had the honor and privilege to attend their band debut last Thursday, a night of worship and just basking in the Lord's presence as these talented folks ushered it in for the rest of us to enjoy. (Side note, my bro Vladimir helped back-up sing and I WAS JUST SO PROUD OF HIM when he was done singing his solo in "No Longer Slaves" (not a band original, that's a cover), I was fangirling for the next couple of hours. He just sounded SO GOOD.)

Back to the topic at hand, I've worked with each of these members MANY times on church worship team, though I'm closer friends with three of the members (specifically). I can personally vouch for their musical giftings from the Lord and also for the innate talent that each of them possess towards their respective "instruments". 



Allow me to break it down for you. Hopefully, should any of the band members read this, they feel like I've provided a decently accurate description of what they can do? :)
This list is going from left to right (from the picture above).

Mike Peterson:
A solid musical pillar, Mike is the drummer for the team. I respect anyone who can play multiple instruments and play them well. As far as I know, the drums aren't actually Mike's first instrument, or if they are, they weren't his primary instrument until recently. I still remember him receiving pointers on how to improve his drumming from our other drummer at church, but look at him now! WOW! Mike works hard at his day job too, and as I myself have seen many times, has to balance his work with his family, his church commitments, and now this band! I've also heard Mike play the piano before and as a fellow pianist, let's just say I'm impressed by the versatility of his playing and how he can "jam" to just about anything that the next member I'm about to introduce to you can play. 

Caleb Ingram:
This tall, thoughtful bass-man is one of my favorite people ever. I'll give you just 3 reasons why, because if I don't limit myself to that, we'd be here all day. 

#1: he doesn't read music but his bass line is to DIE for. I absolutely love hearing Caleb play, no matter what it is. There's an anointing on his playing that just MAKES YOU LISTEN. I've been the unofficial bass player for months (playing on the keyboard) and though I've improved, I have NOTHING on Caleb's playing. We've had other bassists in the worship team before, but I can ALWAYS tell when Caleb's on stage. 

#2: he's one of the kindest people ever and truly cares for his friends. He, like Mike, is a very busy man, and yet I still manage to spend quality time with him and his lovely wife. Remember when we went out for quality coffee at Crown Brew Coffee Co.?

#3: he prioritizes his family. Can I just say how refreshing that is? I know MANY other guys Caleb's age who prioritize so many other things, and while there's nothing wrong with prioritizing church (please prioritize that at least a little more in your lives, people, ok?), there's something to be said about a guy who commits to the worship team in the way Caleb does and also prioritizes being with his extended family. 'nough said.

Cassie McGhee:
I've gotten to know Cassie better over the past year and if you haven't heard her sing... You need to. She has one of the best voices for worship music that I've ever heard and there's something so emotionally soulful (is that a word?) about the songs that she puts her voice to. It's clear that God has her going places and I pray and hope that she will be presented with the opportunities to share what He has given her with the world. She's also a pretty spectacular tambourine player (that exists, guys, it really does) and brings an extra measure of joy to song that she plays with, and is an extremely fashionable mother to boot. She's always shows up to church in the cutest stuff. #futuremomgoals for anyone who's getting married soon lol XD

Olivia Price:
I can't brag about my American "daughter" (it's a LOOOONG story) enough. She's practically a staple to my musical arrangements for Calvary Chinese Fellowship. I don't know how I would've gotten through the past couple years of arrangements without her violin. No matter what kinds of crazy things I've thrown at her, she's powered through on her strings and gotten it done. The poor dear has even had nightmares about me writing "whole notes only" music for her prior to a performance. hahahaha XD

There's something particularly exciting about being able to create something that you know will eventually be played, on stage, for the world to hear. It's a small thing, but having someone who you know will do their best to learn and play it is so encouraging to the creative process. I've had many times where I've had a tune or some other creative idea in my head, but have shut it down (I can hear you all screaming "nooooo" right now) because it isn't realistic for the point in time (with my schedule) or because I have no way of executing it. Livvy is one of my main go-tos when I have something I need played. I'm so grateful that God has given her the gift for strings that He has and, even more, so that I have gotten to know her and watch her grow into the beautiful young woman of God that she is. 

Danae Price:
I'm looking forward to seeing where God brings this girl. She has grown and stepped up in so many ways in so little time that it's just stunning to watch her journey with the Lord. God has blessed her with so many talents, from singing, to piano (she's the pianist for the band, by the way), to guitar, to bass, to...I don't even know what else anymore. I'm just so proud of her and her sister both <3 

This "music dreams relating to Ariel" seems to be a trend with the Price girls. Olivia's caught Danae sleep-talking about needing to make me a chord sheet (a sadly realistic scenario). hahaha XD

I love my girls <3 So glad we got to hang out last week

Also, aren't these pictures just...amazing? The ones I've shared here within the blog are my personal favorites, but you can click through to see the full album, as taken by RDG Photography.

-----------------------------------------------


Kairos Impact has just released their first single, "Only You Can Satisfy" online. 
I'd love to provide you with more links, but after a ten minute online search, I was only able to locate the single on CD Baby: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/kairosimpact.

I DID find it on YouTube, but it's a simple (unfortunate) case of someone infringing on the band's copyright, rather than a legitimate upload from anyone affiliated in the band.
Really? It's been like...a week. That's messed up. :(

Anyway, it's LITERALLY $1, guys. Pick it up and support our brothers and sisters in Christ.
That extra shot of expresso in your Starbucks can wait till next time, right? :)

--------------------------------------------------------------



Do you know any other Christian bands that could benefit from more exposure online? 
I love promoting local artists, particularly the GOOD ones that deserve the promotion. Hopefully you've gotten a sense of that from these #MusicMondays? :)

Subscribe (in the top right of your screen( if you haven't done so already! Or share this blog post with someone who might be interested! :D
I've got some exciting things to share on this upcoming #WeeklyWednesday. 
Look forward to it! It's been a year in the making! 

Byee~

No comments:

Post a Comment