Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Leftover Break Items | #WeeklyWednesday2018

One thing that's less satisfying about actually keeping to a regular schedule is that there is inevitably a few weeks here and there where I'm literally doing nothing of interest lol

So I'm "cheating" a bit here, I'll start off with the reaction video that I filmed this past Sunday and go into some miscellaneous bits from winter break that didn't quite make it in the last time. :)

Sound good? Here we go!

-------------------------

Family Photos: Christmas and New Year
Not much as far as text to share, but these photos are cute, so it's something I'm sharing :)

after an evening Christmas Eve service at church

this is the photo we are sending out for cards this year (late Christmas/early Chinese New Year)
Dad took off his glasses for this one, so lots of people have already commented saying that 

-------------------------

Food: Japanese Snacks and Fat Patties
One fun thing that we took advantage of while Ashriel was home for break was her newfound culinary skills with Japanese snacks, which she had learned over the course of her internship with Japan House in Champaign. Here are some pics (and a funny video) of a mochi making process :)

have I mentioned recently how much I love my sister?
flippin' adorable child


Kim came over to hang out and make mochi with us

Mom's made a plethora of dishes while Ash was home, in an effort to give her everything that she's missed out on, so here is a picture of her "last supper" before she returned to Champaign, as it were.

kaarage (Japanese fried chicken) and cereal prawns

I also went out for dinner + catch up sesh recently with my dear friend (who I affectionately refer to as my trivia dragon because she's a freaking treasure trove of information and is SO intelligent) at a local place here in Carbondale called Fat Patties. 

Kristi and her food, my food

Overall, I wouldn't say I LOVED it, but the place has great battered+fried green beans and great fries, so I wouldn't be opposed to going there again if peeps want to hang out there. :)

I got a good, solid 3 hours with my seamstress friend, Gail, as well, but no photos. :/
Whoops.

-------------------------

Next week's #WeeklyWednesday will be significantly more interesting, as I've got a dinner with my beloved Juan family this upcoming Friday evening and the #adventurebuddies wedding (David and Emily) this weekend in Springfield.

I've got a #FeatureFriday for you in a couple of days to share about one of my absolute favorite ladies on the planet, so look forward to it! There's somewhat of a self-improvement update with it, so I'll be talking about that as well.

~See you Friday!

Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment