Friday, January 12, 2018

Spring 2018 Updates | #FeatureFriday2018

Happy New Year, everyone!! 
Hope you all had a fantastic holiday season with your families and friends! :)

In the spirit of the "new year", this #FeatureFriday will actually be centered more around the things that I'll personally be up to in this new year/Spring semester.

As you know, I keep myself pretty busy, so I figured this'll be a good way to just give you all the layout for the next few months, all in one shot. :) Convenient, right? 

One Jump Ahead of the Blogline!
(bonus points if you caught the Disney reference)
- School
- Work / Assistantship
- Church
- Creatively Exciting Activities

To "jump", hit "Ctrl (or Cmd for Macs) + F" and type in the EXACT title. 

I apologize in advance for the text-heavy post. :( I'd like to have photos or something to break up the monotony, but some things just can't happen when you're putting in this many updates lol

-------------------------

School: SIUC Spring 2018
I'll be taking three graduate level classes, "Content and Learning Management Systems", "Advanced Instructional Development Studio", and "Design of e-Learning". I'm officially in the halfway point of my degree, so things are starting to heat up, figuratively speaking, and I expect to have more work to do (in addition to it being higher quality).

Schedule-wise...I'm not so excited. My classes will be:
Monday 4pm-6:30pm 
Tuesday 4pm-6:30pm 
and Wednesday 6:30-9pm (ugh..., some will be in-class and some will be online meetings)

Please pray for me, that I would do well and be a testimony to our Lord. 

-------------------------

Work / Assistantship
God has been immensely gracious and allowed me to retain / renew my assistantship with the college of business for the Spring 2018 semester! I'll be tuition-costs free once again, lessening the financial burden on my parents and feeling like I'm actually pulling my own weight to pay for my master's degree. That's approximately $5k+ off the bills for school.

THANK YOU JESUS for your GOODNESS!!

For those who don't really know what I do as "work", I'm an online Teaching Assistant through SIUC's online undergraduate program within the College of Business. I'm qualified (through my minor and other activities) to assist in Marketing and Management related courses. Our program is set up such that I don't have to physically meet or teach students (which is fantastic for my introvert side) and we communicate solely by email or phone. 

-------------------------

Church
Nothing much changing here for now. 
Still serving once a month with Calvary's main worship team (either on piano or "bass"). 

CCF is still kind of in a weird transitional phase (last summer, 1 leader graduated and left to CA, 1 leader graduated and is now working, and Ashriel graduated and moved to Champaign), so we'll see where the Lord leads us as the semester goes on. 

-------------------------

Creatively Exciting Activities
I have multiple friends getting married and several other travel plans in the works, so I'll be having quite a few "photo heavy" posts this year. Amazingly, I'm trusted with decorations for their events and their music as well. XD

Look forward to it! I know I AM!!

In other news, I will focusing my creative efforts on creating more videos for my YouTube channel. These will range anywhere from:
- tutorials
- music covers
- parody-like videos
- reaction videos (for Hound + Fox, primarily)
- anything else, really

For those of you who have been keeping an eye out for Disney themed videos, I thank you for your patience. Things are in the works and despite various "detours" in planning due to people being gone or sick, videos WILL be released, albeit with a different due date.

The End of TZArtisan
For those of you who don't know, please consider this the official announcement that I have closed down TZArtisan and all craft sale related activities. If you'd like to hear about the story in more detail, please ask me about it privately, as the story is quite personal. 

All future updates relating to my tsumami kanzashi work and TZArtisan anything will be posted here

-------------------------

I'll keep you all updated as new things crop up, but that's it for now! We'll be back in the normal swing of things for next week's #FeatureFriday with one of my favorite companies across the pond. I've also got an exciting new talent for you in the upcoming #MusicMonday!

~See you all there!

Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment