Wednesday, January 17, 2018

What Did I Even DO Over Break? | #WeeklyWednesday2018

It's the first #WeeklyWednesday2018!!
You'd think I would have accomplished quite a bit over the break, but there were really only three noteworthy things that I'd gotten myself into. Because let's be real, 'tis sad but true that we all seem to lose track of what day it is from Christmas till New Year's till the day school starts back up. It's a real struggle, guys. Really. lol XD

Happy New Year from the Price, Loh, and Wong sisters!!
Big sisters sitting and little sisters on top. So much awesome cuteness in one picture! :D

One Jump Ahead of the Blogline!
(bonus points if you caught the Disney reference)
- New Year's Eve Luncheon with the Harrises
- New Year's Hot Pot / Steamboat
- David + Emily Bridal Shower

To "jump", hit "Ctrl (or Cmd for Macs) + F" and type in the EXACT title. 

-------------------------

New Year's Eve Luncheon with the Harrises
The Harris family have been long time friends of ours, starting from the first day Hannah and I met at Calvary's youth group as 13 years olds. :) Mrs. Harris made a lovely lunch for us and we got to catch up with these beautiful people. 


ham and potato soup + sparkling grape juice

group pic!

beautiful Christmas mantle over the fireplace

lovely Hannah (left) and Mrs. Harris (right) under the mantle

Hannah and I also went out a few days later for some girl-talk and general hanging out to make up for lost time, beginning with going to Crown Brew for a cup of quality coffee (putting my Christmas gift from her to use). I ordered the Peppermint Bark + White Chocolate aeropress latte. Truth be told, I felt so fancy just having those words come out of my mouth lol XD

We had lunch at the C'dale co-op, which I'd never done before, and I had:
- tomato zucchini soup
- tomato and smoked gouda pizza, drizzled with balsamic vinegar (which was DELICIOUS)
- good ol' cheese pizza

Also, in true Ariel fashion, I forgot to take pictures again. Whoops.

-------------------------

New Year's Hot Pot / Steamboat
Not Chinese New Year (which is bigger for us), but we still had a FEAST for New Year's dinner. True Singaporean Chinese style, with hot pot / steamboat! Mom made a steaming pot of delicious, overnight "brewed" in our vacuum pot chicken + pork bone soup as the base and then it just got better with each thing that was cooked inside.


a shot of our delicious spread

lamb, which would typically be delicious, but for steamboat, we discovered it's very STRONG for the delicacy of the overall dish. better to keep it to grill next time!

mushies <3

BEEEEEEEEEEF <3

fishy <3

napa and kale

noodles

first round, veggies and fish dumpling things (the white stuff)

beef, fish tofu, and fish dumplings (I ate all the veggies already, promise)
BEST haul of the meal <3

I apologize for the lack of more photos of the dinner as it went on, but I wasn't really thinking about the photos once I really got going on the food lol XD

-------------------------

David + Emily Bridal Shower
I don't think I'll ever forget the days of work that went into this project, nor the emotions I felt from being given the great honor of decorating for the #adventurebuddies bridal shower!


Here are the "before" pics from when I got to go in with David to take a look at the place and see what I'd be working with. The space itself already had SO MUCH going for it that I wasn't able to do everything that I'd pictured in my head, but we could DEFINITELY make it work in our favor :)
front door

overall look

greeting desk area + reception tables-ish area

reception tables-ish area, other side of the front door

lounge couch area + cross in the center (we moved the couch to picture where D+E would sit)


Emily's wedding colors are: white, silver, gold, forest green, and "navy" blue. That may sound like a lot of colors, but that also meant that I had plenty of material to work with. Emily and I exchanged emails back and forth, chockful with inspiration from Pinterest (essentially crafter's Google, guys, for real). As it turns out, we had many of the same opinions of things that we liked decoratively speaking, which made my job as decorator MUCH EASIER.

Unfortunately for me, I caught a cold (that I'm still fighting the remnants of) that kept me practically useless for about 3 days of the crucial week before the shower, so many things that I would've finished prior (i.e., blowing up the balloons the day before, cutting streamers to the appropriate length, etc) were only accomplished the day of with the help of several girls from the church: my sister, Danae and Olivia P., and Olivia H., to name a few.

I'm so thankful that God gave me enough energy and the foresight to get the necessary shopping and "heavy lifting" tasks done well in advance so that I wasn't really doing anything but bagging party favors the night before the shower itself.

Here are some choice pictures from the special day (there were many, so I'm just sharing my favorites)!! :D I managed to accomplish just about everything I'd imagine, with the help of several helpful girls from the church. 


Hawaii themed cake, as this is where D+E will be honeymooning

Danae and others spent an hour and a half cutting and putting the streamers up
Tangled lanterns made by me, LED candles made everything child-friendly

we made a Tangled inspired backdrop for the space between the double doors in the front
Ash did a great job replicating the image I gave her with the materials I provided <3

what we did with the "cross" area
I made replicas of D+E's wedding rings

Ash made a cute frame for photo taking




food brought by several ladies

kusudama flowers (handmade by me) put to good use!
I had fun doing the cut out leaves as well

David with food, Olivia with punch

Sayaka entertaining everyone with a hilarious story about David during the time of sharing

the happy couple with the cake

D+E opening this tricked out picnic basket from Keona

by far the best reaction (and in-the-moment shot) of the couple opening a gift from Grandma Helen
this is probably one of my top 3 favorites from the shoot

I loved the overall effect of this area. I don't congratulate myself often, but I'm really proud of this.
Thanks to the many hands that helped me make it happen!

TOO CUTE

obligatory pic with the Loh girls <3

family picture!!

Oh! I didn't get a photo of them, but the bridal favors were adorable, if I do say so myself. 

They were made up of:
- handmade bookmarks by me
-- 2-3 verses that D+E felt were relevant to their relationship (primarily Proverbs 31:10) on the front, graphic design of it done by me
-- washi paper from The Rare Orchid on the back
- Andes mints (the mountain theme for the logo suits them well, I think)
- "thank you" buttermints (to make any kind of message unnecessary to attach, thus less work)
- Rolo caramel chocolates (David has been a long time fan of caramels, so I thought it was a nice representation of him in the gift)

Love you, David and Emily. <3
I hope you enjoyed the shower, as I was pretty much treating it as the bulk of my wedding gift to you both. I will miss you very very much when you leave for CO, but couldn't be happier for you and the new chapter of your lives that you're heading into TOGETHER!

-------------------------

Well, guys, that's more or less what I've been up to for the past couple weeks. 
Look forward to a very tasty #FeatureFriday this week that a little bird across the pond told me about. Here's a hint: I've already got quite a few of you hooked on this particular liquid gem ;)

~See you Friday!

Enter your email address:

No comments:

Post a Comment