Monday, January 15, 2018

Simon Michael Music "Repeat the Sounding Joy" | #MusicMonday2018

I'd like to begin this first #MusicMonday of 2018 with a quick SHOUT-OUT to the reason I'm posting about this particular talent today: I gifted one of this musician's CDs to a dear friend (and fellow pianist) of mine, Danae, because it's her birthday today!! 

Happy Birthday, girl! Love you and hope you like this music as well! :) 
May you have a blessed 19th birthday. 
Know that your Asian mom/big sis loves you very much! <3



--------------------------------

So, to start off, as you guys well know, I love me some "self-made artist" music. 
I don't necessarily mean that they have to be "new", but I do mean that they are doing and handling as much of the creative process as they can possibly manage on their own. This doesn't mean that they can't DELEGATE, but they should be well aware of everything that goes on and hopefully have a hand in each step of the process. 

This is what caught my attention when I came across Simon Michael Music in the Hollens Creator Academy Facebook group. 

His self-introduction read:
My name is Simon Michael and I make piano/instrumental music! I am 18 years old and I have been playing piano since I was 5. I have been recording, arranging, and composing my own music for the last 3 years and have been posting music videos on my YouTube channel for about 2 years. If you'd like to check out my music, you can do that here 👉https://www.youtube.com/simonmichaelmusic.

18? Wow. Color me impressed. I popped over to his YouTube channel and goodness, I was clicking Buy CD before the music video was even over. Speaking of the video, here it is!!



What a talented young man! I can't wait to see where he goes with his musical skills.
These are the kind of people who need our support, guys. If you consider yourself a patron or support of the arts...we need to keep an eye out for the talented "little guys". :)

--------------------------------

Repeat the Sounding Joy!

Image result for repeat the sounding joy simon michael

Here are some thoughts as I'm listening to the first track:
- from the start, this is very The Piano Guys-esque
- loving the tones and the strength coming from Simon's fingers, very "powerful"
- I can distinctly FEEL (through my ears if that's a thing? lol) your fingers hitting the keys, and the hammers hitting the strings. LOVE THIS.
- the "loving detail" and graceful transitions from around 1:30 on are beautiful
- vocal backup of the PIANO. Fantastic spin on things

Overall, love this rendition of this song. Very "different" from previous variations that I've previously heard.



--------------------------------

Here's the track list for those who are curious :)
1. Joy to the World - Ding Dong Merrily on High
2. O Come O Come Emmanuel
3. Little Drummer Boy
4. Silent Night
5. O Come All Ye Faithful and Other Carols
6. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
7. Carol of the Bells - What Child is This
8. In the Bleak Midwinter
9. O Holy Night
10. I Saw Three Ships / We Wish You a Merry Christmas

--------------------------------

Fantastic work overall, Simon. I've got yet ANOTHER great holiday CD to add to the collection, and I'm very much looking forward to what you put out into the world next! 

Here's to another year of great #MusicMondays, everyone!
Look forward to more! :D
~Byee

Enter your email address:


No comments:

Post a Comment